CRYOPRESERVATION OF HUMAN EMBRYOS
The question regarding the benefit of cryopreservation of all embryos with subsequent replacement in more physiologic cycles is not without controversy. As is the case when new hypotheses are generated, it is hard to filter through the early studies to determine whether there is a publication bias, bias and confounding due to patient selection, or unconscious (or conscious) reporting of only favorable results.
2. Zeilmaker GH, Alberda AT, van Gent I, Rijkmans CM, Drogendijk AC. Two pregnancies following transfer of intact frozen-thawed embryos. Fertil Steril 1984; 42: 293-296.
3. Gerris J, de Neubourg D, de Sutter P, van Royen E, Mangelschots K, Vercruyssen M. Cryopreserva-tion as a tool to reduce multiple birth. Reprod Biomed Online 2003; 7: 286-294.
4. Pandian Z, Templeton A, Serour G, Bhattacharya S. Number of embryos for transfer after IVF and ICSI: a Cochrane review. Hum Reprod 2005; 20: 2681-2687.
5. European IVF-Monitoring Consortium (EIM), European Society of Human Reproduction and Em-bryology (ESHRE), Kupka MS, D'Hooghe T, Ferraretti AP, de Mouzon J, Erb K, Castilla JA et al. Assisted reproductive technology in Europe, 2011: results generated from European registers by ESHRE. Hum Reprod 2016; 31: 233-248.
6. Glujovsky D, Farquhar C, Quinteiro Retamar AM, Alvarez Sedo CR, Blake D. Cleavage stage versus blastocyst stage embryo transfer in assisted reproductive technology. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016: CD002118.
7. Rienzi L, Gracia C, Maggiulli R, LaBarbera AR, Kaser DJ, Ubaldi FM et al. Oocyte, embryo and blastocyst cryopreservation in ART: systematic review and meta-analysis comparing slow-freezing versus vitrification to produce evidence for the development of global guidance. Hum Reprod Update 2017; 23: 139-155.
8. Devroey P, Polyzos NP, Blockeel C. An OHSS-free clinic by segmentation of IVF treatment. Hum Reprod 2011; 26: 2593-2597.
9. Sendag F, Akdogan A, Ozbilgin K, Giray G, Oztekin K. Effect of ovarian stimulation with human menopausal gonadotropin and recombinant follicle stimulating hormone on the expression of integrins alpha3, beta1 in the rat endometrium during the implantation period. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2010; 150: 57-60.
10. Roque M, Valle M, Kostolias A, Sampaio M, Geber S. Freeze-all cycle in reproductive medicine: current perspectives. JBRA Assist Reprod 2017; 21: 49-53.
11. Venetis CA, Kolibianakis EM, Bosdou JK, Tarlatzis BC. Progesterone elevation and probability of pregnancy after IVF: a systematic review and meta-analysis of over 60 000 cycles. Hum Reprod Up-date 2013; 19: 433-457.
12. Wennerholm UB, Henningsen AK, Romundstad LB, Bergh C, Pinborg A, Skjaerven R, et al. Perinatal outcomes of children born after frozen thawed embryo transfer: a Nordic cohort study from the CoNARTaS group. Hum Reprod 2013; 28: 2545-2553.
13. Guan Y, Fan H, Styer AK, Xiao Z, Li Z, Zhang J et al. A modified natural cycle results in higher live birth rate in vitrified-thawed embryo transfer for women with regular menstruation. Syst Biol Reprod Med 2016; 62: 335-342.
14. Kaser DJ, Melamed A, Bormann CL, Myers DE, Missmer SA, Walsh BW et al. Cryopreserved em-bryo transfer is an independent risk factor for placenta accreta. Fertil Steril 2015; 103: 1176-1184.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form