PANCREATIC INVOLVEMENT IN PEDIATRIC HEMATO-ONCOLOGY DISEASES
): Pancreatic tumors in children and adolescents are rare and represent a different spectrum of cancers in pediatric age. Pancreatic involvement in pediatric hematology and oncology can occur in primary malignant pancreatic tumors or secondary to chemotherapy regimens. Early diagnosis and complete surgical resection of most pancreatic malignancies is associated with long-term survival. Also, childhood cancer treatment increases significant the risk of pancreatic involvement.
2. Yu DC, Kozakewich HP, Perez-Atayde AR, Shamberger RC, Weldon CB. Childhood pancreatic tumors: a single institution experience. J Pediatr Surg 2009; 44: 2267-2272.
3. Dhebri AR, Connor S, Campbell F, Ghaneh P, Sutton R, Neoptolemos JP. Diagnosis, treatment and outcome of pancreatoblastoma. Pancreatology 2004; 4: 441-451.
4. Argon A, Celik A, Oniz H, Ozok G, Barbet FY. Pancreatoblastoma, a rare childhood tumor: a case report. Turk Patoloji Derg 2017; 33: 164-167.
5. Perez EA, Gutierrez JC, Koniaris LG, Neville HL, Thompson WR, Sola JE. Malignant pancreatic tumors: incidence and outcome in 58 pediatric patients. J Pediatr Surg 2009; 44: 197-203.
6. Brennan B. Pediatric pancreatic tumors: the orphan looking for a home. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2010; 54: 659-660.
7. Bien E, Godzinski J, Dall'igna P, Defachelles AS, Stachowicz-Stencel T, Orbach D et al. Pancreato-blastoma: A report from the European cooperative study group for paediatric rare tumours (EXPeRT). Eur J Cancer 2011; 47: 2347-2352.
8. Wood LD, Klimstra DS. Pathology and genetics of pancreatic neoplasms with acinar differentiation. Semin Diagn Pathol 2014; 31: 491-497.
9. Etienne D, John A, Menias CO, Ward R, Tubbs RS, Loukas M. Annular pancreas: a review of its molecular embryology, genetic basis and clinical considerations. Ann Anat 2012; 194: 422-428.
10. Papavramidis T, Papavramidis S. Solid pseudopapillary tumors of the pancreas: review of 718 patients reported in English literature. J Am Coll Surg 2005; 200: 965-972.
11. Lee SE, Jang JY, Hwang DW, Park KW, Kim SW. Clinical features and outcome of solid pseudopa-pillary neoplasm: differences between adults and children. Arch Surg 2008; 143: 1218-1221.
12. Liu X, Rauch TM, Siegal GP, Jhala N. Solid-pseudopapillary neoplasm of the pancreas. Three cases with a literature review. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 2006; 14: 445-453.
13. Basturk O, Adsay V, Askan G, Dhall D, Zamboni G, Shimizu M et al. Intraductal tubule-papillary neoplasm of the pancreas: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical analysis of 33 cases. Am J Surg Pathol 2017; 41: 313-325.
14. Zhang H, Liang TB, Wang WL, Shen Y, Ren GP, Zheng SS. Diagnosis and treatment of solid pseu-dopapillary tumor of the pancreas. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2006; 5: 454-458.
15. Cavallini A, Butturini G, Daskalaki D, Salvia R, Melotti G, Piccoli M et al. Laparoscopic pancreatec-tomy for solid pseudo -papillary tumors of the pancreas is a suitable technique; our experience with long-term follow-up and review of the literature. Ann Surg Oncol 2011; 18: 352-357.
16. Koo EJ, Lee H, Jung E, Choi SO. Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy of a solid pseudopapillary tumour in a teenager after size reduction: A case report. J Pediatr Surg 2017; 22: 5-8.
17. Choi SH, Kim SM, Oh JT, Park JY, Seo JM, Lee SK. Solid pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas: a multicenter study of 23 pediatric cases. J Pediatr Surg 2006; 41: 1992-1995.
18. Van den Akker M, Angelini P, Taylor G, Chami R, Gerstle JT, Gupta A. Malignant pancreatic tumors in children: a single-institution series. J Pediatr Surg 2012; 47: 681-687.
19. Johnson PR, Spitz L. Cysts and tumors of the pancreas. Semin Pediatr Surg 2000; 9: 209-215.
20. Dalligna P, Cecchetto G, Bisogno G, Conte M, Chiesa PL, D’Angelo P et al. Pancreatic tumors in children and adolescents: the Italian TREP project experience. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2010; 54: 675-680.
21. Surlin V, Bintintan V, Petrariu FD, Dobrin R, Lefter R, Ciobică A et al. Prognostic factors in resectable pancreatic cancer. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 2014; 118(4): 924-929.
22. Park M, Koh KN, Kim BE, Im HJ, Kim DY, Seo JJ: Pancreatic neoplasms in childhood and adoles-cents. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2011; 33: 295-300.
23. Schettini ST, Ribeiro RC, Facchin CG, Abib SC. Gastrinoma in childhood: Case report and update on diagnosis and treatment. Eur J Pediatr Surg 2009; 19: 38-40.
24. Service FJ, McMahon MM, O’Brien PC, Ballard DJ. Functioning insulinoma: incidence, recurrence and long-survival of patients: a 60-year study. Mayo Clin Proc 1991; 66(7): 711-719.
25. Miron I, Diaconescu S, Aprodu G, Ioniuc I, Diaconescu MR, Miron L. Diagnostic Difficulties in a Pediatric Insulinoma: A Case Report. Medicine. 2016; 95(11): e3045.
26. Boukhman MP, Karam JH, Shaver J, Siperstein AE, Duh QY, Clark OH. Insulinoma—experience from 1950 to 1995. West J Med. 1998; 169(2): 98-104.
27. Pop CE, Parvu M, Arsene AL, Parvu AE, Vodnar DC, Tarcea M et al. Investigation of Antioxidant And Antimicrobial Potential Of Some Extracts From Hedera Helix L. Farmacia 2017; 65(4): 624-629.
28. Lindholm EB, Alkattan AK, Abramson SJ, Price AP, Heaton TE, Balachandran VP et al. Pancreati-coduodenectomy for pediatric and adolescent pancreatic malignancy: a single-center retrospective analysis. J Pediatr Surg 2017; 52: 299-303.
29. Lankisch PG, Apte M, Banks PA. Acute pancreatitis. Lancet 2015; 386: 85-96.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form