TUBERCULOSIS PLEURO-PERICARDITIS: SO MUCH FIBRIN! CASE REPORT
A young man with thoracic pain and progressive dyspnea was hospitalized for a pleuro-pericarditis. Ultrasonography confirmed the presence of left pleural and pericardial effusion with a high amount of fibrin. With exudative characters and without macroscopic appearance of empyema, the left pleural effusion has reoccurred two days later during the diagnosis period. Bacteriological exams were repetitively negative. A malign etiology was excluded as no atypical cells in the pleural fluid were found. Adenosine deaminase level was not helpful for the diagnosis. The diagnosis was established through video assisted thoracoscopy pleural biopsy which identified pleural granulomas. This case illustrates the difficulty of a pleuro-pericarditis tuberculosis diagnosis.
2. Doosoo J. Tuberculous Pleurisy: An Update. Tuberc Respir Dis 2014; 76: 153-159.
3. Caccamo N, Dieli F. Inflammation and the coagulation system in tuberculosis: Tissue Factor leads the dance. Eur J Immunol 2016; 46(2): 303-306.
4. Bojovic O, Medenica M, Zivkovic D, Rakocevic B, Trajkovic G, Kisic-Tepavcevic D et al. Factors associated with patient and health system delays in diagnosis and treatment of tuberculosis in Monte-negro, 2015-2016. PLoS One 2018; 13(3): e0193997.
5. Botta R, Chindaudom P, Eiamchai P, Horprathum M, Limwichean S, Chananonnawathorn C et al. Tuberculosis determination using SERS and chemometric methods. Tuberculosis (Edinb) 2018; 108: 195-200.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form