CARDIOVASCULAR AND METABOLIC COMORBIDITIES - THERAPEUTIC DIFFICULTIES. CASE REPORT
Cardiorespiratory arrest is still a major emergency with a disappointing success rate despite the experts’ efforts and the advanced equipment available nowadays. Most cases occur outside the hospital, the experience of resuscitation teams being essential in minimizing long-term neurological sequelae. We report the case of a 67-years-old female patient, old hypertensive, with coronary disease, diabetic, with multiple macro and microvascular complications of diabetes, who was hospitalized for the investigation of a home resurrected cardiorespiratory arrest, with multifactorial etiology.
2. Su CP, Wu JH, Yang MC, Liao CH, Hsu HY, Chang CF et al. Demographics and Clinical Features of Postresuscitation Comorbidities in Long-Term Survivors of Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: A National Follow-Up Study. Biomed Res Int 2017; 2017: 9.
3. Martinell L, Nielsen N, Herlitz J, Karlsson T, Horn J, Wise MP et al. Early predictors of poor outcome after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Crit Care. 2017; 21: 96.
4. Hernández M, López C, Real J, Valls J, Ortega-Martinez de Victoria E, Vázquez F et al. Preclinical carotid atherosclerosis in patients with latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA), type 2 diabetes and classical type 1 diabetes. Cardiovasc Diabetol 2017; 16: 94.
5. Lee SK, Khambhati J, Varghese T, Stahl EP, Kumar S, Sandesaara PB et al. Comprehensive primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in women. Clin Cardiol 2017; 40(10): 832-838.
6. Baltan S, Besancon EF, Mbow B, Ye Z, Hamner MA, Ransom BR. White mattervulnerability to ischemic injury increases with age because of enhanced excitotoxicity. J Neurosci 2008; 28(6): 1479-1489.
7. Gungor ZB, Sipahioglu N, Sonmez H, Ekmekci H, Toprak S, Ayaz G et al. Endothelial Dysfunction Markers in Low Cardiovascular Risk Individuals: Comparison of Males and Females. J Med Biochem. 2017; 36(1): 62-72.
8. Alexa ID, Bucur IM, Rusu RI, Ungureanu G. Atrial Fibrillation in elderly: particularities of manage-ment. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 2009; 113(2): 376-381.
9. SilverB, Lorenzo CT. Stroke prevention 2017 [https://emedicine.medscape.com/ article/323662-overview#a4].
10. Haraki T, Uemura R, Masuda S, Kobayashi N, Lee T. A honeycomb-like structure in the left anterior descending coronary artery treated using a scoring device and drug-eluting stent implantation: a case report. J Med Case Rep 2016; 10: 80.
11. Gănceanu-Rusu R, Mititelu-Tarțău L, Stătescu C, Boancă M, Lupușoru RV, Dima N et al. Evolution of biological parameters in the metabolic syndrome. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 2017; 121(3): 683-644.
12. Yao MF, He J, Sun X, Ji XL, Ding Y, Zhao YM et al. Gender differences in risks of coronary heart disease and stroke in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and their association with metabolic syn-drome in China. Int J Endocrinol 2016; 2016: 8483405.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form