EVOLUTION OF CLINICAL FEATURES OF SKIN CANCER IN THE ELDERLY. CASE REPORT
EVOLUTION OF CLINICAL FEATURES OF SKIN CANCER IN THE ELDERLY. CASE REPORT (Abstract): We present the case of an elderly patient with multiple cardiovascular comorbidities diagnosed with Kaposi sarcoma approximately 10 years ago (the patient having postponed the initiation of the therapeutic protocol) which progressed to dilated cardiomyopathy and procoagulant state because of skin cancer. The onco-geriatric patients represent a distinct category, and as they vary widely in their responses to drugs the individualization of therapy is mandatory and requires the adaptation to the clinical status of each patient.
2. Sârbu MI, Tampa M, Nicolae I, et al. A case of disseminated cutaneous Kaposi sarcoma in an immu-nocompetent patient. BMC Infect Dis 2014; 14(Suppl 7): P1.
3. Sánchez-López J, Pérez-Parra S, Porriño-Bustamante ML, et al. Atypical Kaposi's sarcoma in young inmunocompetent patient. A Bras Dermatol 2017; 92(5 Suppl 1): 24-26.
4. Mouden K, Khmou M, Loughmari S, et al. Primary Kaposi’s sarcoma of the nasal cavity: a case report and review of the literature. Clin Sarcoma Res 2016; 6: 4-8.
5. Patel RV, Frankel A, Goldenberg G. An Update on Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer. J Clin Aesthet Der-matol 2011; 4(2): 20-27.
6. Crum-Cianfl one N, Hullsiek KH, Satter E, et al. Cutaneous malignancies among HIV-infected persons. Arch Intern Med 2009; 169 (12): 1130-1138.
7. Gane D. KSHV and the pathogenesis of Kaposi sarcoma; listening to human biology and medicine. J Clin Invest 2010; 120(4): 939-949.
8. Myoung J, Ganem D. Infection of primary human tonsillar lymphoid cells by KSHV reveals frequent but abortive infection of T cells. Virology 2011; 413: 1-11.
9. Floria M, Rezuş C. Scoruri de risc în medicina de urgenţă. In: Scoruri de risc în medicină - ghid pentru studenţi, rezidenţi şi specialişti. Iasi: Editura U.M.F. “Gr. T. Popa”, 2015; 218-246.
10. Ambăruş V, Floria F, Rezuş C. Aritmologia în practica zilnică. Iasi: Editura U.M.F. “Gr. T. Popa”, 2012.
11. Di Lorenzo G, Konstantinopoulos P, Pantanowiz L, Di Trolio R, et al. Management of AIDS-related Kaposi’s sarcoma. Lancet Oncol 2007; 8(2): 167-176.
12. ***British HIV Association Guidelines for HIV-associated Malignancies 2014. HIV Medicine 2014; 15(2): 1-92.
13. Guillén Llera F. Health and social challenges originated by the aging of the population. Acad Nac Med (Madr) 2003; 120(1): 179-196.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form