FIGHTING FOR A SUCCESSFUL AGEING
“Who wants to live forever?” and Freddie Mercury were in our minds and our hearts more than thirty years ago. Of course, it meant something completely different than now. Well, I do not know about “forever” but most of us would want to live longer and, at the same time, to enjoy life as much as possible without any burden associated with old age. We want to live longer but with the same physical and mental strength as in our younger years, we want to enjoy ourselves with the same intensity as we used to, and we want to stay as far away as possible from diseases, disabilities, and dependence.
2. ***World Health Organization. World report on ageing and health. Geneva: WHO, 2015.
3. Sims J. Healthy ageing. Aust Fam Physician 2017; 46(1): 26-29.
4. ***World Health Organization. International classification of functioning, disability and health (ICF). Geneva: WHO, 2001.
5. Cruz-Jentoft AJ, Baeyens AP, Bauer JM, et al. Sarcopenia: European consensus on definition and diagnosis. Report of the European Working Group on Sarcopenia in Older People. Age Ageing 2010; 39(4): 412-423.
6. Shafiee G, Keshtkar A, Soltani A, et al. Prevalence of sarcopenia in the world: a systematic review and meta- analysis of general population studies. J Diabetes Metab Disord 2017; 16: 21.
7. Scott D, Seibel M, Cumming R, et al. Sarcopenic Obesity and Its Temporal Associations with Changes in Bone Mineral Density, Incident Falls, and Fractures in Older Men: The Concord Health and Ageing in Men Project. J Bone Miner Res 2017; 32(3): 575-583.
8. Viña J, Rodriguez-Mañas L, Salvador-Pascual A, et al. Exercise: the lifelong supplement for healthy ageing and slowing down the onset of frailty. J Physiol 2016; 594(8): 1989-1999.
9. Kiefte-de Jong JC, Mathers JC, Franco OH. Nutrition and healthy ageing: the key ingredients. Proc Nutr Soc 2014; 73(2): 249-259.
10. Fuchs J, Scheidt-Nave C, Hinrichs T, et al. Indicators for healthy ageing-a debate. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2013; 10(12): 6630-6644.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form