IMPLICATIONS OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY IN INFLAMMATION DUE TO RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
Chronic inflammation due to inflammatory joint diseases, the most important of which is rheumatoid arthritis, is a both topical and overall bone loss risk factor. There have been numerous researches showing that vitamin D plays a major role in inflammation by stimulating innate immunity, and also by boosting its activity and by decreasing adaptive immune activity. In our research, we analyzed the factors involved in bone mass loss in patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, as well as the link between the serum level of 25 (OH) vitamin D and the extent of the inflammation. We also tackled the impact of vitamin D supplement delivery on the status of these patients.
2. Salaffi F, Di Carlo M, Vojinovic J, Tincani A, Sulli A, Soldano S, et al. Validity of the rheumatoid arthritis impact of disease (RAID) score and definition of cut-off points for disease activity states in a population-based European cohort of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Joint Bone Spine 2018; 85(3): 317-322.
3. Dehghan A, Rahimpour S, Soleymani-Salehabadi H, Owlia MB. Role of vitamin D in flare ups of rheumatoid arthritis. Zeitschrift für Rheumatologie 2014; 73(5): 461-464.
4. Vaananen HK, Zhao H, Mulari M, Halleen JM. The cell biology of osteoclast function. Journal of Cell Science 2000; 113(3): 3775.
5. Fautrel B, Alten R, Kirkham B, de la Torre I, Durand F, Barry J, et al. Call for action: how to improve use of patient-reported outcomes to guide clinical decision making in rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatology International 2018; 38(6): 935-947.
6. Dankers W, Colin EM, van Hamburg JP, Lubberts E. Vitamin D in Autoimmunity: Molecular Mechanisms and Therapeutic Potential. Frontiers in Immunology 2017; 7: 697.
7. Caraba A, Crișan V, Romoșan I, et al. Vitamin D Status, Disease Activity, and Endothelial Dysfunction in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients. Disease Markers 2017; 2017: 7.
8. Franco AS, Freitas TQ, Bernardo WM, Pereira RMR. Vitamin D supplementation and disease activity in patients with immune-mediated rheumatic diseases: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Medicine 2017; 96(23): e7024.
9. Adami G, Rossini M, Bogliolo L, Cantatore FP, Varenna M, Malavolta N, et al. An exploratory study on the role of vitamin D supplementation in improving pain and disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis Modern Rheumatology 2018: 1-8.
10. Vojinovic J, Tincani A, Sulli A, Soldano S, Andreoli L, Dall'Ara F, et al. European multicenter pilot survey to assess vitamin D status in rheumatoid arthritis patients and early development of a new Patient Reported Outcome questionnaire (D-PRO). Autoimmunity Reviews 2017; 16(5): 548-554.
11. Chandrashekara S, Patted A. Role of vitamin D supplementation in improving disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis: An exploratory study. International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases 2015; 20(7): 825-831.
12. Lin J, Liu J, Davies ML, Chen W. Serum Vitamin D Level and Rheumatoid Arthritis Disease Activity: Review and Meta-Analysis. PLOS ONE 2016; 11(1): e014635.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form