COMORBIDITÃȚI ALERGICE ÎN ASTMUL BRONȘIC LA COPIL
Bronchial asthma is the most frequent chronic disease of childhood. The association of this
disease with allergic rhinitis increases the prevalence and severity of bronchial asthma to 60%
compared with 2% in subjects without allergic rhinitis. Food allergy can be expressed in a
variety of respiratory symptoms, especially when IgE mediated immune responses are involved.
In children, the prevalence of bronchial asthma associated with food induced atopic
eczema is 2-8% and respiratory clinical picture can be a component of the multisystem
anaphylactic reaction or of chronic respiratory disease like bronchial asthma, serous otitis. The
association of other allergic comorbidities, like sinusitis, ocular allergies, lymphoid hypertrophy,
sleep obstructive apnoea, leads to the conclusion that allergic bronchial asthma (extrinsic)
is a systemic disease, with onset at any age, and the dominant clinical feature depends on the
childs genetic pattern.
eczemei la copiii de 7 ani din Municipiul Cluj. Revista Românã de Pediatrie 2000; 1: 96-103.
2. Goþia S, Ioniuc I. Marºul alergic în copilãrie. Revista de Alergologie ºi Imunologie Clinicã 2008;
4 (6): 16-19.
3. James JM. Respiratory manifestations of food allergy. Pediatrics 2003, 111: 16251630.
4. Sampson HA. Update on food allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2004; 113 (5): 805815.
5. Bock SA. Food allergy. Pediatrics 2003; 111: 1638-1644.
6. Hill AJ, Hosking CS, ReyesBenito MLV. Reducing the need for food allergen challenges in
young children: comparison in vitro with in vivo tests. Clin Exp Allergy 2001; 31: 1031-1035.
7. Eigenmann PA, Sicherrer SH, Berkowski TA, Cohen BA, Sampson HA. Prevalence of IgE -
mediated food allergy among children with atopic dermatitis. Pediatrics 1998; 101 (3): E8.
8. Togias A. Rhinitis and asthma: evidence for respiratory system integration. J Allergy Clin
Immunol 2003; 111: 11711183.
9. Bousquet J, Vignola AM, Demoly P. Links between rhinitis and asthma. Allergy 2003; 58: 691706.
10. Albu S, Deleanu D, Man S, Nanulescu M. Rinita alergicã la copil Ghid de diagnostic ºi
tratament. Bucureºti: Puls Media Network, 2010.
11. Goþia S, Ioniuc I. Relaþia rinitã alergicã - astm bronºic. Revista de Alergologie ºi Imunologie
Clinicã 2008; 4 (6): 14-15.
12. Strachan D, Sibbald B, Weiland S et al. Worldwide variations in prevalence of symptoms of allergic
rhinoconjunctivitis in children: the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood
(ISAAC). Pediatr Allergy Immunol 1997; 8 (4): 161-176.
13. Wright AL, Holberg CJ, Martinez FD, Halonen M, Morgan W, Taussig LM. Epidemiology of
physician-diagnosed allergic rhinitis in childhood. Pediatrics 1994; 94 (6 Pt 1): 895-901.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form