CERCETÃRI CLINICO-EPIDEMIOLOGICE ASUPRA COMPLICAȚIILOR CARDIOVASCULARE APÃRUTE LA PACIENȚII CU SINDROM METABOLIC
Our study aims to
identify correlations between the metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular diseases determinism.
Material and methods: A retrospective study was carried out on a sample of 1463 patients of
which 734 patients met the diagnostic criteria of cardiometabolic syndrome, admitted in the
Clinic of Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Hospital, Iasi, between 01.01. 2009-
31.12.2009. Results: The incidence of cardiometabolic syndrome has a soft predominance on
the group 40-59 years (61.66%). The high level of hypertension was found in the patients
group 48-69 years (53.70%) and lowest in the patients group 25-38 years (11.35%) (p=0.001).
The coronary heart diseases showed a significant difference between age groups: 48-69 years
(41.80%), compared to 25-38 years (7.55%) (p=0.003). Heart failure is part of the same age
distribution curve (45%, 6.8%) (p=0.02). Conclusions: The metabolic syndrome is a
predictor of the occurrence and development cardiovascular disease.
Revista Românã de Cardiologie 2009; 2: 111-122.
2. Bloomgarden ZT. Insulin Resistance, Dyslipidemia and Cardiovascular Disease. Diabetes Care
2007; 30 (8): 2164-2170.
3. Bruno G, Fornengo P, Segre O et al. What is the clinical usefulness of the metabolic syndrome?
The Casale Monferrato study. J Hypertens 2009; 27 (12): 2403-2408.
4. Gersch C, Palii SP, Kim KM et al. Inactivation of nitric oxide by uric acid. Nucleosides Nucleotidis
Nucleic Acids 2008; 27(8): 967-978.
5. Gaspard U. Hyperinsulinaemia, a key factor of the metabolic syndrome in postmenopausal women.
Maturitas 2009; 62(4): 362-365
6. Adrogue H, Madias N. Sodium and Potassium in the Pathogenesis of Hypertension. The New
England Journal of Medicine 2007; 356: 1966-1978.
7. Cai C, Hahn BH, Matarese G, La Cava A. Leptin in non-autoimmune inflammation. Inflammation
and Allergy Drug Targets 2009; 8 (4): 285-291.
8. Vinereanu D, Cinteza M, Pana B et al. Prevalence and control of cardiovascular risk factors in
Romania cardio-zone national study. Maedica 2007; 2(4): 277-288.
9. Farmer J. Diabetic dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis: Evidence from clinical trials. Current
Atherosclerosis Reports 2007; 9(2): 162-168.
10. Indraratna PL, Williams KM, Graham GG, Day RO. Hyperuricemia, cardiovascular disease, and
the metabolic syndrome. J Rheumatol 2009; 36 (12): 2842-2843.
11. Kahn R. Metabolic syndrome. Is it a syndrome? Does it matter. Circulation 2007; 115: 1806-1811.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form