CONTROLUL TERAPEUTIC AL HIPERTENSIUNII ARTERIALE LA DOMICILIU
Control of blood pressure is
far from satisfactory, reaching ~ 13% in Romania according the SEPHAR study. Aim:
Assessment of blood pressure control in elderly by blood pressure monitoring at home.
Material and method: 64 hypertensive patients (36 women and 28 men) with mean age of
76.3 years which blood pressure has been normalized by admitting in hospital were followed
for a period of three months, by self-measuring blood pressure at home (twice a week).
Results: In the first week after hospital discharge the mean systolic pressure was 158± 17.06
and after adjustment of treatment was 136.76± 11.36 mmHg. To the end of the study blood
pressure was controlled at a rate of 81.25 %. Conclusions: To increase the percentage of
therapeutic control of blood pressure at home, small changes in drug dosage are needed.
of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European
Society of Cardiology (ESC). J Hypertens 2007; 25: 1105-1187.
2. Dorobanþu M, Bãdilã E, Darabonþ R et al. Studiul SEPHAR - Studiu de prevalenþã a hipertensiunii
arteriale ºi evaluare a riscului cardiovascular in România. Rev Rom Cardiol 2006; 21 (2): 89.
3. *** 2003 European Society of Hypertension - European Society of Cardiology guidelines for the
management of arterial hypertension. J Hypertens 2003; 21: 10111053.
4. Chobanian AV, Bakris GL, Blak HR. The seventh report of the Joint National Committee on
Prevention Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood pressure: the JNC 7 report. JAMA
2003; 289: 2560-2572.
5. Dahlof B, Sever PS, Poulter NR et al. ASCOT Investigators. Prevention of cardiovascular events
with an antihipertensive regimen of amlodipine adding perindopril as required versus atenolol
adding bendroflumethiazide as required, in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial-Blood
Pressure Lowering Arm (ASCOT_BPLA): a multicentre randomised controled trial. Lancet
2005; 366: 895-906.
6. *** The ALLHAT Officers and Coordinators for the ALLHAT Collaborative Research Group.
Major outcomes in high-risk hypertensive patients randomized to angiotensin-convertingenzyme
inhibitor or calcium channel blocker vs diuretic: Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering treatment to
prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). JAMA 2002; 288: 2981-2997.
7. Pepine CJ, Handberg EM, Cooper-Dehoff RM et al. INVEST Investigators. A calcium antagonist
vs a non-calciumantagonist hypertension treatment strategy for patients with coronary artery
disease: The International Verapamil-Trandolapril Study (INVEST): A randomized controlled
trial. JAMA 2003; 290: 2805-2816.
8. *** PROGRESS Collaborative Study Group. Randomized trial of perindopril based blood pressure
- lowering regimen among 6108 individuals with previous Stroke or transient ischaemic attack.
Lancet 2001; 358: 10331041.
9. *** The European Trial on reduction of cardiac events with Perindopril in stable coronary artery
disease Investigators. Efficacy of perindopril in reduction of cardiovascular events among patients
with stable coronary artery disease: randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre trial
(the EUROPA study). Lancet 2003; 362: 782 789.
10. Nissen SE, Tuzcu EM, Libby P et al. CAMELOT Investigators. Effect of antihypertensive agents
on cardiovascular events in patients with coronary disease and normal blood pressure: The
CAMELOT Study: A randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2004; 292: 2217-2225.
11. Julius S, Kjeldsen SE, Weber N et al. VALUE Trail Group.Outcomes in hypertensive patients at
high cardiovascular treated with regimens based on valsartan or amlodipine: thevalue randomised
trial. Lancet 2004; 363: 2022-2031.
12. Lithell H, Hansson L, Skoog I et al. The Study on Cognition and Prognosis in the Elderly
(SCOPE): Principal results of a randomized double-blint intervention trial. J Hypertens 2003;
13. Liu L, Zhang Y, Liu G et al. FEVER Study Group. The Felodipine Event Reduction (FEVER)
study: A randomized long-term placebo controlled trial in Chinese hypertensive patients - design
and principal results. J Hypertens 2005; 23: 2157-2172.
14. Bobrie G. Quont apporté les essais thérapeutiques récents réalisés dans le domaine de lhypertension
artérielle ? Rev Prat 2010; 60: 629-636.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form