PARTICULARITÃȚI DIAGNOSTICE ȘI TERAPEUTICE ALE HIPERTENSIUNII SISTOLICE IZOLATE
The isolated systolic hypertension is a distinct entity concerning evolving,
pathological, diagnosis and treatment particularities. The present study analyzed the behavior of
the blood pressure by continuous ambulatory monitoring of a group of patients diagnosed with
isolated systolic hypertension by office measurement. Material and method: One hundred
and twenty nine patients with isolated systolic hypertension at office were included. They were
subjected to continuous ambulatory monitoring of blood pressure, then the treatment was
started. After six months the patients were reassessed. Results: Continuous ambulatory
monitoring better indicates the increase of systolic tension and the reduction of the diastolic
tension by aging. The pulse pressure is significantly higher at the over sixty-five group. The
systolic tension is directly correlated with the pulse pressure and indirectly with the diurnal
index. (r = 0.36). After six months of treatment the reevaluation shows a statistically
significant reduction of the pathological parameters although without achieving tensional control.
Conclusions: The ambulatory monitoring better highlights the values of hypertension and
assesses the LOAD and Day Index values. Achieving the therapeutic goal regarding systolic
hypertension proves difficult.
Prevention Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood pressure: the JNC 7 report. JAMA
2003; 289: 2560-2572.
2. *** European Society of Hypertension. European Society of Cardiology guidelines for the
management of arterial hypertension2003. J Hypertens 2003; 21: 1011-1053.
3. Prisant M. Hypertension in the Elderly. Totowa New Jersey: Humana Press Inc, 2005.
4. OBrien E, Coats A. Use and interpretation of ABPM: Recommendations of the British
Hypertension Society. BMJ 2000; 320: 1128-1134.
5. Andriþoiu Al. ABPM: Monitorizarea ambulatorie a tensiunii arteriale. ediþia a 2-a. Craiova: Ed.
6. *** The task for the management of arterial hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension
(ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). 2007 guidelines for the management of
arterial hypertension. J Hypertens 2007; 25: 1105-1187.
7. Verdecchia P, Schillaci G, Borgioni C, Ciucci A, Porcellati C. White-coat hypertension. Lancet
1996; 348: 14441445.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form