RISCUL CARDIOVASCULAR AL HALOPERIDOLULUI VERSUS ANTIPSIHOTICE ATIPICE ÎN TERAPIA SCHIZOFRENIEI
The present study examined the
safety of the atypical antipsychotic drugs sertindol, olanzapine and quetiapine used in the
treatment of schizophrenia. Haloperidol, a typical antipsychotic drug, was used for comparison.
These data may account for the different therapeutic effects and side-effect profiles (cardiovascular
risk) of typical and atypical antipsychotic drugs in schizophrenia.
treatment. Principles of practice from the European Expert Panel of the Contemporary Treatment of
Schizophrenia. Int J Psy Clin Practice 2000; 4 (suppl.1): 1-12.
2. Bisol LW, Brunstein MG, Ottoni GL et al. Is flunarizine a long-acting oral atypical antipsychotic?
A randomized clinical trial versus haloperidol for the treatment of schizophrenia. J Clin Psy 2008;
69 (10): 1572-1579.
3. Chiriþã V, Papari A. Tratat de psihiatrie. vol. 1. Constanþa: Ed. Fundaþiei Andrei ªaguna, 2003.
4. Stepkovitch K, Heagle Bahn C, Gupta R. Low-dose haloperidol-associated QTc prolongation. J Am
Geriatr Soc 2008; 56 (10): 1963-1964.
5. Isbister GK, Duffull SB. Quetiapine overdose: predicting intubation, duration of ventilation, cardiac
monitoring and the effect of activated charcoal. Int Clin Psychopharmacol 2009; 24 (4): 174-180.
6. McEvoy JP, Hogarty GE, Steingard S. Optimal dose of neuroleptic in acute schizophrenia. Arch
Gen Psy 1991; 48: 734-745.
7. Lewis R, Bagnall AM, Leitner M. Sertindole for schizophrenia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev.
2005; 20 (3): CD001715.
8. Rummel C, Hamann J, Kissling W, Leucht S. New generation antipsychotics for first episode
schizophrenia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003; (4): CD004410.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form