OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA PATIENTS VOICE ANALYSIS
It is generally
considered that obstructive sleep apnea may associate larynx abnormalities either anatomic or
functional in nature; considering the vocal tract as a series of uniform loss cylindrical pipes the
idea of non-invasively exploring this by means of spectral analysis emerged. The aim of our
study is to evaluate potential changes in acoustic features of voice in sleep apnea patients as
compared to matched controls in order to develop a potential screening test. Material and
method: Sleep apnea subjects and controls were asked to produce sustained vowels such as
"a" and "i" which were recorded and analyzed. Some parameters were estimated - average of
fundamental frequency, peak amplitude variation and compared and others are still to be
Chiari malformation. Pediatrics 1987; 80: 231-234.
2. McBrien F, Spraggs PD, Harcourt JP, Croft CB. Abductor vocal fold palsy in the Shy-Drager syndrome
presenting with snoring and sleep apnoea. J Laryngol Otol 1996; 110: 681-682.
3. Titze IR. A model for neurologic sources of aperiodicity in vocal fold vibration. J Speech Hear Res
1991; 34 (3): 460-472.
4. Eksteen EC, Rieger J, Nesbitt M, Seikaly H. Comparison of voice characteristics following three
different methods of treatment for laryngeal cancer. J Otolaryngol 2003; 32 (4): 250-253.
5. Ortega J, Cassinello N, Dorcaratto D, Leopaldi E. Computerized acoustic voice analysis and subjective scaled
evaluation of the voice can avoid the need for laryngoscopy after thyroid surgery. Surg 2009; 145 (3): 265-271.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form