TENDINȚE ALE EVOLUȚIEI EPIDEMIOLOGICE A HEPATITELOR ACUTE VIRALE B ȘI C LA COPIL, ÎN ROMÂNIA ȘI JUDEȚUL IAȘI, ÎN PERIOADA 1990-2009
B virus (HBV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) infections are the frequent causes of acute and
chronic hepatitis worldwide and the leading causes for hepatic cirrhosis and liver cancer. There
is a distinct geographical variation in VHB and VHC incidence in adult and child. Aim: To
assess the evolution trend of VHB and VHC incidence in child, in Romania and Iasi County,
during the last two decades. Material and methods: Data were obtained using information
from the Reporting National System for acute viral hepatitis A, B, and C, from various
geographical areas of Romania. Some systematical errors of information were identified,
without significant influence of results and conclusions. Results: Results highlighted an
incidence peak of VHB in Romania, in 1989, and in Iaºi county, in 1991 (43.1, respectively
41.2%ooo inhabitants). The VHB incidence trend decreased after the implementation of
vaccination programme, especially in children <4 years old. Conclusions: The study remarked
the necessity of viral hepatitis surveillance programme continuity in Romania and the
importance of prevention measures including, for VHB, an optimal vaccination.
2. Piþigoi D, Rafla A, Pistol A et al. Trends in hepatitis B incidence in Romania, 1989-2005. Euro
Surveill 2008; 13 (1): 1-4.
3. Moraru E. Hepatita cronicã la copil. Iaºi: Ed. Polirom, 1999.
4. Azoicãi AN, Moraru E, Azoicãi D. Studiu de evaluare a calitãþii vieþii la copilul cu hepatitã cronicã.
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iaºi 2009; 113 (3): 745-750.
5. *** Anuar de Statisticã Sanitarã 2008. Ministerul Sãnãtãþii Publice, Centrul Naþional pentru
Organizarea ºi Asigurarea Sistemului Informaþional ºi Informatic în Domeniul Sãnãtãþii, Bucureºti, 2009
6. Rantala M, van de Laar M JW. Surveillance and epidemiology of hepatitis B and C in Europe.
Eurosurveillance, 2008; 13(21): 1-15.
7. Veldhuijzen IK, Mes TH, Mostert MC et al. An improved approach to identify epidemiological and
phylogenetic transmission pairs of source and contact tracing of hepatitis B. J Med Virol 2009;
8. Jerzy J, Calle Serrano B, Wursthorn K. Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) levels in the natural history
of hepatitis B virus (HBV)-infection: An European perspective. J Hepatol 2010; 52(4): 514-522.
9. Paquet C, Babes VT, Drucker J et al. Viral hepatitis in Bucarest. Bull World Health Organ 1993;
71 (6): 781-786.
10. Bonnani P. Raport on Working Group 1: Albania, Andorra, Canada, France, Italy, Moldova,
Portugal, Poland, Romania and Spain. Vaccine 1998; Suppl, S58-60.
11. Nedelcu I, Velea N, Ulmeanu V et al. Nature and prevalence of risk factors associated to type B
and C acute viral hepatitis cases in Bucharest, 1998-2000. Roum Arch Micobiol Immunol 2001;
60 (1): 55-67.
12. Molnar GB, Leendvaar-Kuijpers A, Hausman BA. Prevalence of HBsAg among parturient pregnant
women in northwestern Romania. Eur J Public Health 1995; 5: 223-225.
13. Balan A, Beldescu N, Popa R. The prevalence of viral hepatitis B in pregnant women in an area of
southern Romania. Bacteriol Virusol Parazitol Epidemiol 1998; 43 (4): 254-260.
14. Duca E. Cercetãri epidemiologice, clinice ºi de laborator pentru evidenþierea particularitãþilor
procesului epidemiologic în hepatita viralã B, în Judeþul Iaºi, în perioada 1991-2006. Tezã de
doctorat. Universitatea de Medicinã ºi Farmacie Gr.T. Popa Iaºi, 2007.
15. Neuschäfer RN, Hallauer J, Boccalini S et al. Measurement and reporting of vaccination effectiveness
of hepatitis B. Results of the EUROHEP.NET feasibility survey, EUROHEP.NET,
available from: www.eurohep.net.
16. Esteban JI, Sanleda S, Quer J. The changing epidemiology of hepatitis C virus infection in
Europe. J Hepatol 2008; 48: 148-162.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form