SEMNIFICAȚIA IMUNOHISTOCHIMICÃ A CK5/6 ȘI P63 ÎN LEZIUNILE PREMALIGNE ȘI ÎN ADENOCARCINOMUL DE PROSTATÃ
information from usual hematoxiline-eosine staining are sometimes insufficient in
certifying or excluding the adenocarcinoma of the prostate, cases who must be study by
immunohistochemistry. Aim: The investigation of staining for CK5/6 and P63 in cases
diagnosed with prostate adenocarcinoma associated with high grade prostatic intraepithelial
neoplasia. Material and methods: The study was realized on 56 cases analyzed in Pathology
Laboratory of Focºani Emergency Hospital. Results: We registered a positive correct diagnosis
for atypical adenomatous hyperplasia in 86% of cases and for prostate adenocarcinoma
grade 1 in 14% of cases. Conclusions: CK5/6 and P63 are useful markers for elucidating a
positive false diagnosis for prostate adenocarcinoma grade 1.
Surgical Pathology. 4th ed. Lippincott,Williams & Wilkins 2004; 2: 2083-2124.
2. Epstein JI, Grignon DJ. Interobserver reproducibility in the diagnosis of prostatic intraepithelial
neoplasia. Am J Surg Pathol 1995, 19: 873-886.
3. Kaufmann O, Fietze E, Mengs J, Dietel M. Value of P63 and CK5/6 as immunohistochemical
markers for the differential diagnosis of poorly differentiated and undifferentiated carcinomas. Am
J Clin Pathol 2001; 116: 823-830.
4. Abrahams NA, Ormsby AH, Brainard J. Validation of CK5/6 as an effective substitute for keratin
903 in the differentiation of benign from malignant glands in prostate needle biopsies. Histopathol
2002; 41: 35-41.
5. Gkikonti I, Tsigka A, Mihalopoulau A et al. Is P63 a reliable marker for prostate basal cell
epithelium? Implications for prostate cancer diagnosis. Virchows Arch 2005; 447- 456.
6. Shah RB, Zhou M, LeBlanc M et al: Comparison of the basal cell specific markers CK903 and
P63 in the diagnosis of prostate cancer. Am J Surg Pathol 2002; 26: 1161-1168.
7. Humphrey PA. Gleason grading and prognostic factors in carcinoma of the prostate. Mod Pathol
2004; 17: 292-306.
8. Eble JN, Sauter G, Epstein JI, Sesterhenn IA. Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Urinary
System and Male Genital Organs. World Health Organization Classification of Tumours.Lyon:
IARC Press, 2004, 159-215.
9. Abrahams NA, Bostwick DK, Ormsby AH et al. Distinguishing atrophy and high grade prostatic
intraepithelial neoplasia from prostatic adenocarcinoma with and without previous adjuvant hormone
therapy with the aide of CK5/6. Am J Clin Pathol 2003; 120: 368-376.
10. Srigley J R. Benign mimickers of prostatic adenocarcinoma. Mod Pathol 2004; 17: 328-348.
11. Molinie V, Fromont G, Sibony M et al. Diagnostic utility of a P63/P504S in atypical foci in the
prostate. Mod Pathol 2004; 17: 1180-1190.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form