CERCETÃRI PENTRU CUNOAȘTEREA INCIDENȚEI ȘI PREVALENȚEI ANOMALIILOR CONGENITALE, ÎN JUDEȚUL ȘI MUNICIPIUL IAȘI, ÎN PERIOADA 2001-2008
Congenital abnormalities (CA) are deviations from the normal embryonic development that
appear antenatal and they are characterized by the alteration of the morphology and function of
an organ, system of organs or even of the entire body. Material and method: The study, on
a period of eight years, included 1685 children with CA, from which 58% were males and 50%
were from the country-side. Results: It has been observed that 36% of the CA cases were
premature births and 64% were normal term births. Also, 21% of the children with CA
weighed less than 2700 grams at birth and 79% weighed more than 2700 grams at birth. The
births APGAR score has been less than 7 in 30% of the cases and higher than 7 in 70% of the
cases. 72% of the cases were natural births and 28% were caesarian births. 88% of the CA
cases were singular congenital abnormalities and 12% were multiple congenital abnormalities.
24% of the CA were cardiac abnormalities and 21% were skeletal abnormalities. 3% of the
subjects of the study have died, of which 69% died from cardiac abnormalities, 22% from
hydrocephalus abnormalities, 7% from diaphragmatic hernia and 2% from renal congenital
editors. Epidemiologia bolilor netransmisibile. Bucureºti: Ed. Medicalã, 1981, 562-599.
2. Gorduza EV. Screening-ul ºi diagnosticul prenatal al anomaliilor congenitale ºi bolilor genetice.
Viaþa Medicalã 2006; 36: 3-8.
3. Gorduza EV. Compendiu de geneticã umanã ºi medicalã. Iaºi: Ed. Tehnopress, 2007, 333-338.
4. Iliev Gh, Rusu C, Scripcaru D, Mihãilã D. Diagnosticul prenatal al malformaþiilor cerebrale.
Implicaþii obstetricale ºi neonatale. Rev Românã de Ultrasonografie 2005; 3-4: 149-154.
5. Ivan A. Rubeola. In: Ivan A editor. Tratat de epidemiologie a bolilor transmisibile. Iaºi: Ed.
Polirom, 2002, 193-200.
6. Moore KL, Persaud TVN. Before We Are Born Esentials of Embriology and Birth Defects. 6th
ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 2003.
7. Oddsberga J, Jiaa C, Nilssonc E. Influence of maternal parity, age, and ethnicity on risk of
esophageal atresia in the infant in a population-based study. J Ped Surg 2008; 43: 1660-1665.
8. Tulandi T, Martin J, Al-Fadhli R. Congenital malformations among 911 newborns conceived after
infertility treatment with letrozole or clomiphene citrate. Fertility and Sterility 2006; 85: 1761-1765.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form