EVALUAREA POSIBILITÃȚILOR DE REFACERE A ECHILIBRULUI ESTETIC DENTO-PARODONTAL PRIN MJLOACE PROTETICE: FAȚETE CERAMICE VS. COROANE DE ÎNVELIȘ METALO-CERAMICE
Achiving the esthetic balance is one of the most important aims of the restorations
used for the anterior area of the dental arches. Aim: To evaluate the posibilities of veneeers
and metal ceramic crowns to restore dental and periodontal esthetics. Material and method:
We have evaluated 90 restorations, 40 veneers and 50 metal ceramic crowns, analysing the
following parametres:gingival index, bleeding index, palque index, also restorations margins
index, presence/absence of secondary decays, marginal integrity index and the aspect of the
rstorations surfaces. The study also evaluates patient staisfaction using questionares. Results:
Even the veneers seem to be more indicated to restore dental and periodontal esthetics, the
esthetic outcome depends mainly on the way the clinician evaluates and manages the tissues and
less on the technique used (all ceramic or metal ceramic).
2. Silness J. Periodontal conditions in patients treated with dental bridges IV. The relationship
between the pontic and the periodontal condition of the abutment teeth. J Periodontal Res 1974;
IX (9): 50-55.
3. Donovan TE, Cho GC. Soft tissue management with metal ceramic and all-ceramic restorations. J
Calif Dent Assoc 1998; 26: 107112.
4. Wohlwend A, Strub JR, Scharer P. Metal-ceramic and all porcelain restorations: current considerations.
Int J Prosthodont 1989; 2: 1326.
5. Friedman MJ. The enamel-ceramic alternative: porcelain veneers vs. metal-ceramic crowns. J Calif
Dent Assoc 1992; 20: 2733.
6. Kois JC. Altering gingival levels: the restorative connection. I. Biologic variables. J Esthet Dent
1994: 6: 39.
7. Kois JC. The restorative-periodontal interface: biologic parameters. Periodontol 2000; 11: 2938.
8. Nevins M, Skurow HM. The intracrevicular restorative margin, the biologic width, and the
maintenance of the gingival margin. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 1984; 4: 3049.
9. Preston JD. A systematic approach to the control of esthetic form. J Prosthet Dent 1976; 35: 393402.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form