EVALUATION OF SOME PHARMACEUTICAL FORMULATIONS OF LISINOPRIL THROUGH DISSOLUTION TESTING
Aim: Lisinopril is a drug of the angiotensin
converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor class that is primarily used in treatment of hypertension,
congestive heart failure, heart attacks and also in preventing renal and retinal complications
of diabetes. We compared the dissolution profiles of Lisinopril 20 mg tablets (Antibiotice
S.A. Iaºi) and Zestril 20 mg tablets (Astra Zeneca). Material and method: Because lisinopril
is a third class active substance, we performed dissolution tests in standard media at three pH
values: 1.2, 4.5 and 6.8 using the paddle apparatus at 75 rpm. Results: Both pharmaceutical
formulations present a dissolution percentage more than 85% (Q) of the labeled amount.
Conclusion: Both pharmaceutical formulations present similar dissolution profile.
2. *** Analytical Profiles of Drug Substances and Excipients (vol 21). New York: Academic Press Inc., 1992.
3. *** The United States Pharmacopeia 29. Rockville: The United States Pharmacopeial Convention, 2005.
4. Shin MC, Kim JK, Kim CK. Bioequivalence evaluation of two brands of lisinopril tablets by in vitro
comparative dissolution test and in vivo bioequivalence test. Arzneim Forsch 2008; 58 (1): 11-17.
5. Sagirli O, Ersoy L. An HPLC method for the determination of lisinopril in human plasma and
urine with fluorescence detection. J Chromatogr B 2004; 809 (1): 159-165.
6. Qin W, Zhang Z, Tian Y, Xu F, Wang N, Chen Y. Rapid quantification of lisinopril in human plasma
by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry. Biomed Chromatogr 2007; 21 (4): 415-421.
7. Koytchev R, Ozalp Y, Erenmemisoglu A, van der Meer MJ, Alpan RS. Effect of the combination
of lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide on the bioequivalence of tablet formulations. Arzneim Forsch
2004; 54 (9A): 605-610.
8. *** H.C.S. al A.N.M. referitoare la aprobarea Ghidului privind investigarea biodisponibilitãþii ºi
bioechivalenþei nr. 54/15.12.2006.
9. *** Note for Guidance on the Investigation of Bioavailability and Bioequivalence, CPMP/EWP/
QWP/1401/98 : 2002.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form