THE IMAGING EVALUATION OF TYPICAL AND ATYPICAL CALCIFICATIONS IN DIFFERENT ANATOMICAL REGIONS STUDY IN BRASOV, ROMANIA
Calcifications in different anatomical regions were identified by using ultrasound exam, radiography, mammography, and computer tomography, according to the anatomical region investigated. The aim of this research is to highlighting and evaluating typical and atypical calcifications in the organs of different anatomical regions, correlating them with age and pathology, finding the best imaging methods for detecting calcifications according to the anatomical region examined. Material and methods This was a prospective study was conducted for 2 months in 2018, in a private hospital, on 1338 patients of different ages, with or without symptomatology, who were randomly assigned to the Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging for the following types of examinations: radiography, computer tomography, ultrasound exam and mammography. Results: Calcifications found by imagistic methods were evaluated in the following anatomical regions: head, neck, thorax, abdomen, and pelvis. A database was generated where all data was collected and analyzed with SPSS 20.0 software. Various situations have been highlighted by anatomical regions.
2. Yilmaz K, Çalli C, Karabulut N, Óncel C. Intracranial Calcifications on CT. Diagnostic and Interven-tional Radiology 2010; 16 (4): 263-269.
3. Holcombe SA, Ejima S, Wang SC. Calcification of Costal Cartilage in the Adult Rib Cage. Proceedings of the 2017 International IRCOBI Conference on the Biomechanics of Injury.
4. Bendayan D, Barziv Y, Kramer MR. Pulmonary Calcifications: A Review. Respiratory Medicine 2000; 94 (3): 190-193.
5. Hernández PLA, Estrada TT, Pizarro AL, Cisternas MLD, Tapia CS. Calcificaciones Mamarias: Descripción y Clasificación Según La 5 Aedición BI-RADS. Revista Chilena de Radiologia 2016; 22(2): 80-91.
6. Yu MH, Kim YJ, Park HS, Jung SI, Jeon HJ. Imaging Patterns of Intratumorally Calcification in the Abdominopelvic Cavity. Korean Journal of Radiology 2017; 18(2): 323-335.
7. Belém LC, Zanetti G, Soares Souza A, Hochhegger B, Duarte Guimarães M, Nobre LF, Souza Ro-drigues R, Marchiori E. Metastatic Pulmonary Calcification: State-of-the-Art Review Focused on Im-aging Findings. Respiratory Medicine 2014; 108(5): 668-676.
8. Peres LA, Verona Pércio PP. Mineral and Bone Disorder and Vascular Calcification in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease. Jornal Brasileiro de Nefrologia 2014; 36(2): 201-207.
9. Wilson PWF, Kauppila LI, O’Donnell CJ, Kiel DP, Polak JM, Cupples LA. Abdominal Aortic Calcific Deposits are an Important Predictor of Vascular Morbidity and Mortality. Circulation 2001; 103(11): 1529-1534.
10. Chen, YG, Kao WY, Tsai SH. Non-specific but Significant. American Journal of Medicine 2012; 125(5): 461-464.
11. Omami G. Soft Tissue Calcification in Oral and Maxillofacial Imaging: a pictorial review. International Journal of Dentistry and Oral Science 2016; 3(4): 219-224.
12. Yiu AJ, Callaghan D, Sultana R, Bandyopadhyay BC. Vascular Calcification and Stone Disease: A New Look towards the Mechanism. Journal of Cardiovascular Development and Disease 2015; 2(3): 141-164.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form