EARLY ENDOSCOPIC PHOTODYNAMIC DIAGNOSIS OF COLONIC LESIONS
Aim: The aim of the study is to improve the quality of early endoscopic verification of aplastic changes of the colonic mucosa by use of the photodynamic diagnosis method. Material and methods: The study is based on 2,817 video colonoscopies; bioptates were taken in 1,206 cases, representing 43% of the total number of endoscopic examinations. In 72 patients (44 males and 28 female) with neoplasia of the colon videocolonoscopic examination using the photodynamic diagnostics method was performed. Results: The results of endoscopic examination using the method of photodynamic diagnosis of 72 patients (44 male and 28 female) with neoplasia of the colon are presented. The method of photodynamic diagnostics is based on the differences of the autofluorescence spectra, which is characteristic for the unchanged mucous membrane of the colon (λmax= 535-565 nm) and induced by the photosensitizer of fluorescence of morphologically atypical cells (λmax=595-640 nm). Conclusions: The use of photodynamic diagnostics allowed to increase the accuracy, sensitivity and specificity of neoplastic processes of the colonic mucosa verification to 97.1%, 94.9% and 94.2%, accordingly, and the frequency of coincidence of endoscopic and pathohistological diagnoses 95.2%.
2. Ko BM. Colon cancer screening with image-enhanced endoscopy. Clin endoscopy 2014; 47(6): 504-508.
3. Ro TH, Mathew MA, Misra S. Value of screening endoscopy in evaluation of esophageal, gastric and colon cancers. WJ Gastroenterol 2015; 21(33): 9693-9706.
4. Leddin DJ, Enns R, Hilsden R, et al. Canadian Association of Gastroenterology position statement on screening individuals at average risk for developing colorectal cancer: 2010. Can J Gastroenterol 2010; 24(12): 705-714.
5. Ramsoekh D, Haringsma J, Poley JW, et al. A back-to-back comparison of white light video endos-copy with autofluorescence endoscopy for adenoma detection in high-risk subjects. Gut 2010; 59(6): 785-793.
6. Li L, Ou Y, Yue H, Sun H, et al. Comparison of the detection of colorectal lesions in different endo-scopic modalities: A network meta-analysis and systematic review. Exp Ther Med 2019; 18(1): 154-162.
7. Picot J, Rose M, Cooper K, et al. Virtual chromoendoscopy for the real-time assessment of colorectal polyps in vivo: a systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess 2017; 21(79): 1-308.
8. Ro TH, Mathew MA, Misra S. Value of screening endoscopy in evaluation of esophageal, gastric and colon cancers. WJ Gastroenterol 2015; 21(33): 9693-9706.
9. Sydorchuk RI. Laser polarimetry of conjunctive bio tissues. Proceedings of SPIE (Coherent Optics of ordered and random media II) 2001; 4705: 194-202.
10. Singh M, Nabavi E, Zhou Y, et al. Laparoscopic fluorescence image-guided photothermal therapy enhances cancer diagnosis and treatment. Nanotheranostics 2019; 3(1): 89-102.
11. ***The Paris endoscopic classification of superficial neoplastic lesions: esophagus, stomach, and colon. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2003; 58(Suppl 6): S3-S43.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form