DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY FOR REMOVABLE PARTIAL DENTURE REALIZATION. CASE REPORT
The conventional fabrication of removable partial dentures is a complex process, which involves a lot of clinical and technological steps. The design of the elements must be performed in order to maintain the homeostasis and to rehabilitate, in optimal conditions, the functions of the stomatognathic system. Digital technology-Computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) method for partial denture fabrication brings a lot of advantages: high accuracy of the denture, increases the strength and durability, avoid changes of the volume and, time working economy. This clinical report aims to illustrate the stages of getting a removable prosthesis, using the computerized method and to emphasize that digital prosthesis can be effective and accurate, eliminating or replacing steps that can lead to complications.
2. Campbel SD, Cooper L, Nattress B. Removable partial dentures: The clinical need for innovation. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 2017; 118(3): 273-280.
3. Davidowitz G, Kotick PG. The use of CAD/CAM in dentistry. Dental Clinics of North America 2011; 55(3): 559-570.
4. Williams RJ, Bibb R, Eggbeer D, Collis J. Use of CAD/CAM technology to fabricate a removable partial denture framework. J Prosthet Dent. 2006; 96(2): 96-99.
5. Han J, Wang Y, Lü P. A preliminary report of designing removable partial denture frameworks using a specifically developed software package. Int J Prosthodont 2010; 23: 370-374.
6. Eggbeer D, Bibb R, Williams R. The computer-aided design and rapid prototyping fabrication of removable partial denture frameworks. Proc Inst Mech Eng H 2005; 219: 195-202
7. Miyazaki T, Hotta Y, Kunii J, Kuriyama S, Tamaki Y. A review of dental CAD/CAM: Current status and future perspectives from 20 years of experience. Dent Mater J 2009; 28: 44-56.
8. Infante L, Yilmaz B, McGlumphy E, FingerI. Fabricating complete dentures with CAD/CAM tech-nology. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 2014; 111(5): 351-355.
9. Goodacre CJ, Garbacea A, Naylor WP, Daher T, Marchack CB, Lowry J. CAD/CAM fabricated complete dentures: concepts and clinical methods of obtaining required morphological data. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 2012; 107(1): 34-46
10. Tatarciuc M, Diaconu-Popa D, Vițalariu A. Digital dentistry. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iaşi 2019; 123(4): 735-738.
11. Rekow ED. Digital dentistry: The new state of the art. Is it disruptive or destructive? Dental Materials 2020; 36: 9-24.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form