CHALLENGES OF THE DENTAL MEDICAL PRACTICE DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND POST-PANDEMIC PERIOD
The COVID-19 pandemic represented a change of paradigm for dental health care providers as this category of professionals faced unexpected and unforeseen challenges regarding moral decision-making.
2. Peng X, Xu X, Li Y, Cheng L, Zhou X, Ren B. Transmission routes of 2019-nCoV and controls in dental practice. Int J Oral Sci 2020; 12: 9.
3. Al-Eid R A, Ramalingam S, Sundar C, Aldawsari M, Nooh N. Detection of visually imperceptible blood contamination in the oral surgical clinic using forensic luminol blood detection agent. J Int Soc Prev Community Dent 2018; 8: 327-332.
4. To KK, Tsang OT, Yip CC, Chan KH, Wu TC, Chan JM et al. Consistent Detection of 2019 Novel Coronavirus in Saliva. Clin Infect Dis. 2020; 71(15): 841-843.
5. Meng L, Hua F, Bian Z. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): emerging and future challenges for dental and oral medicine. J Dent Res 2020; 99(5): 481-487.
6. Center for Disease Control and Prevention - CDC. Interim infection prevention and control guidance for dental settings during the COVID-19 response. 2020 [cited 2020 May 28]. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/dental-settings.html
7. Gómez-Costa D, Ramírez JM, García Guerrero I, Giovannini G, Rojo R, Gómez-de Diego R. A retro-spective study on the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on dental treatments in adults. BMC Oral Health. 2022; 22(1): 122 / doi: 10.1186/s12903-022-02160-y.
8. Fiorillo L. Oral Health: The First Step to Well-Being. Medicina (Kaunas) 2019; 55(10): 676 / doi: 10.3390/medicina55100676.
9. American Dental Association. 2020a. ADA interim guidance for management of emergency and urgent dental care [accessed 2020 Apr 27]. https://www.ada.org/~/media/CPS/Files/COVID/ ADA_Int_Guidance_Mgmt_EmergUrg_Dental_COVID19.pdf?utm_source=cpsorg&utm_medium=covid-cpsvirus-lp&utm_content=cv-pm-ebd-interimflowchart&utm_campaign=COVID-19.
10. Canadian Dental Association. 2020. Federal program details [accessed 2020 Apr 3]. https://www.cda-adc.ca/en/about/COVID-19/ ferp/fedprog.
11. Ordre National des Chirurgiens-Dentistes. http://www.ordre-chirurgiens-dentistes.fr/index.php?id= 161&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=998&cHash=4767742ffefc547845fb93b9babf5500.
12. Butt RT, Janjua OS, Qureshi SM, et al. Dental Healthcare Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2021; 18(21): 11008 / doi: 10.3390/ijerph182111008.
14. Wright SP, Hayden J, Lynd JA, et al. Factors affecting the complexity of dental implant restoration - what is the current evidence and guidance? Br Dent J 2016; 221(10): 615-622.
15. Charette JR, Goldberg J, Harris BT, Morton D, Llop DR, Lin WS. Cone beam computed tomography imaging as a primary diagnostic tool for computer-guided surgery and CAD-CAM interim removable and fixed dental prostheses. J Prosthet Dent 2016; 116(2): 157-165.
16. Joda T, Zarone F, Ferrari M. The complete digital workflow in fixed prosthodontics: A systematic review. BMC Oral Health 2017; 17: 124 / doi: 10.1186/s12903-017-0415-0.
17. Spagnuolo G, Sorrentino R. The Role of Digital Devices in Dentistry: Clinical Trends and Scientific Evidence. J Clin Med 2020; 9(6): 1692 / doi:10.3390/jcm9061692
18. Vandenberghe B. The digital patient - Imaging science in dentistry. J Dent 2018; 74(Suppl 1): S21-S26.
19. Coulthard P, Thomson P, Dave M, Coulthard FP, Seoudi N, Hill M. The COVID-19 pandemic and dentistry: the clinical, legal and economic consequences-part 2: consequences of withholding dental care. Br Dent J 2020; 229: 801-805.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form