A COMPARATIVE STUDY IN THE APPROACH OF INCISIONAL HERNIAS
Incisional hernias are one of the most frequent forms of complications derived from postoperative wound complications and must be addressed surgically. One of the best techniques is the Rives-Stoppa technique, which is also suitable for open surgery and minimally invasive procedures. Material and methods: We conducted a study to evaluate the results of open or laparoscopic surgery using the Rives-Stoppa method. Results: We completed the survey over three years and assessed the outcomes for 49 patients, of which 13 were treated with open surgery and 36 by using the minimally invasive technique, the average age of the patients being 52,02 ± 12,73 years old. Conclusions: The results show a significantly more extended hospital stay for the patients with open surgery combined with a considerably higher proportion of complications.
2. Angelici AM, Perotti B, Dezzi C, et al. Measurement of intra-abdominal pressure in large incisional hernia repair to prevent abdominal compartmental syndrome. G Chir. 2016; 37(1): 31-36.
3. Dulucq JL. Treatment of inguinal hernia by insertion of a subperitoneal patch under pre-peritoneoscopy. Chirurgie 1992; 118(1-2): 83-85.
4. Schwarz J, Reinpold W, Bittner R. Endoscopic mini/less open sublay technique (EMILOS)-a new technique for ventral hernia repair. Langenbecks Arch Surg 2017; 402(1): 173-180.
5. Losi P, Burchielli S, Spiller D, et al. Cyanoacrylate surgical glue as an alternative to suture threads for mesh fixation in hernia repair. J Surg Res 2010; 163(2): e53-e58.
6. McKernan JB, Laws HL. Laparoscopic repair of inguinal hernias using a totally extraperitoneal pros-thetic approach. Surg Endosc 1993; 7(1): 26-28.
7. Evelyn Malone H, Coyne I. Decision-tables for choosing commonly applied inferential statistical tests in comparative and correlation studies. Nurse Res 2019; 27(4): 29-35.
8. Bauer J, Harris M, Gorfine S, Kreel I. Rives-Stoppa procedure for repair of large incisional hernias: experience with 57 patients. Hernia 2002; 6(3): 120-123.
9. Stefanopol IA, Baroiu L, Chirila S, et al. The Influence of Living in Rural Areas on the Evolution and Management of Pediatric Ovarian Cystic Lesions: A Retrospective Study on a Cohort from South-eastern Romania. Int J Gen Med 2022; 15: 5273-5284.
10. Duma OO, Roşu ST, Manole M, et al. Disparities in the access to primary healthcare in rural areas from the county of Iasi Romania. Med Surg J-Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 2014; 118(3): 743-748.
11. Clark CJ, Fisher M, Walker G, Muscarella P. Rives-Stoppa retromuscular repair for incisional hernias. Journal of Surgical Research 2006; 130(2): 245-246.
12. Langer C, Liersch T, Kley C, et al. Erfahrung in derNarbenhernienchirurgie. Der Chirurg. 2003; 74(7): 638-645.
13. Zhang Y, Zhou H, Chai Y, Cao C, Jin K, Hu Z. Laparoscopic Versus Open Incisional and Ventral Hernia Repair: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. World Journal of Surgery 2014; 38(9): 2233-2240.
14. Soliani G, De Troia A, Portinari M, et al. Laparoscopic versus open incisional hernia repair: a retro-spective cohort study with costs analysis on 269 patients. Hernia 2017; 21(4): 609-618.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form