ROLE OF THE REHABILITATION HOSPITAL IN THE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC INTEGRATION OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
Aim: The perceptions towards disability and the disability legislation has changed over the last years. However, for the persons with disabilities and their families a clear path to follow to manage their conditions and successfully integrate in the economic and social life has not been established, yet. Material and methods: Analysis of the status of disability practice in Europe and in our country, and an attempt to establish the role of the rehabilitation doctor and regional rehabilitation hospital in the long-time management of these patients. Results: The largest share of a hospital income is based on contracts with the National Health Insurance Agency, so all rehabilitation procedures conducted during hospitalization must fit into standardized protocols developed by expert committees. The same is true for the outpatient rehabilitation. Conclusions: Many aspects would require improvement in our country and it is the duty of the rehabilitation doctor to ensure personalized care for all patients. Therefore, there is a need for some changes, starting with attracting collateral funding, implementation of national healthcare programs and establishment of non-governmental agencies.
2. ***Organizația Mondială a Sănătății, Banca Mondială – Raportul mondial privind dizabilitatea, ediția în limba română, București, 2012.
3. ***Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, Sickness, disability and work: breaking the barriers. A synthesis of findings across OECD countries, Paris, 2010.
4. Law no. 448/2006 on the protection and promotion of the rights of persons with disabilities, repub-lished in the Official Gazette of Romania, Part I, no. 1 of 3 January 2008.
5. Law no. 221/2010 on the ratification of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, published in the Official Gazette of Romania, no. 792 of 26 November 2010.
6. Evans DB, Tandon A, Murray CJL, Lauer JA. Comparative efficiency of national health systems. BMJ 2001; 323: 307-310.
7. ***European Commission, Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions European Disability Strategy 2010-2020: A Renewed Commitment to a Barrier Free Europe, Brussels, 2010.
8. Ministry of Labor, Family, Social Protection and the Elderly - National Strategy for the Inclusion of People with Disabilities 2014-2020 Social Policies - From Rehabilitation of the Individual to Reforming Society, Bucharest, 2014.
9. ***National Strategy A barrier-free society for people with disabilities, 2016-2020.
10. ***Ministry of Administration and Interior, Botoşani Prefect Institution, Botoşani County Economic Monograph, 2012.
11. ***National Institute of Statistics, County Statistics Department, Botosani - Statistical Yearbook of Botosani County, Romania, 2016.
12. ***National Authority for Persons with Disabilities, Statistical Bulletin, no. IV, December 31, 2016. Legea nr. 448/2006 privind protecția și promovarea drepturilor persoanelor cu handicap, republicată în Monitorul Oficial al României, Partea I, nr. 1, 3 ianuarie, 2008.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form