RARE PEDIATRIC CUTANEOUS T-CELL LYMPHOMA
We describe a rare case of an adolescent with T-cell cutaneous lymphoma, having a history of intense pruriginous, erythematous and hyperpigmented skin lesions. Several considerations regarding diagnostic work-up and treatment must be emphasized. Erythematous, pruritic patches, unresponsive to common topical/general treatment should raise the suspicion of more serious immuno-allergic or neoplastic conditions, among which, cutaneous lymphoma could be a rare, but a realistic possibility in pediatric field. Long term follow-up by a pediatric haemato-oncologist and dermatologist team is mandatory for these patients.
2. Kempf W, Kazakov DV, Belousova IE, Mitteldorf C, Kerl K. Paediatric cutaneous lymphomas: a review and comparison with adult counterparts. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2015; 29: 1696-1709.
3. Ferenczi K, Makker HS. Cutaneous lymphoma: Kids are not just little people. Clin Dermatol 2016; 34(6): 749-759.
4. Gafton B, Porumb V, Ungurianu S, Marinca MV, Cocea C, Croitoru A, Balan G, Miron N, Ciuleanu TE, Miron L. Hepatocellular carcinoma: insight in the biological treatment beyond sorafenib. J BUON 2014; 19(4): 858-866
5. Peters MS et al. Mycosis fungoides in children and adolescents. J.Am.Acad.Dermatol 1990; 22: 1011-1018.
6. Bagherani N, Smoller BR. An overview of cutaneous T cell lymphomas. F1000Res. 2016; 28: 5-9.
7. Ceppi F, Pope E, Nqan B, Abla O. Primary cutaneous lymphomas in children and adolescents. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2016; 63(11): 1886-1894.
8. Olsen E et al. Revisions to the staging and classification of mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome: a proposal of the International Society for Cutaneous Lymphomas (ISCL) and the cutaneous lymphoma task force of the European Organization of Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC). Blood 2007; 110: 1713-1722.
9. Miron I, Diaconescu S, Aprodu G, Ioniuc I, Diaconescu MR, Miron L. Diagnostic Difficulties in a Pediatric Insulinoma: A Case Report. Medicine. 2016; 95(11): 3045-3049.
10. Miron I, Mihaila D, Aprodu G, Miron L, Plamadeala P, Moisa SM. Immunoproliferative small intes-tinal disease versus colonic monoblastic sarcoma in a 2-year-old boy. Rom J Morphol Embryol 2009; 50(4): 733-738.
11. Nemes RM, Pop CS, Calagiu D, Dobrin D, Chetroiu D, Jantea P, Postolache P. Anemia in inflamatory bowel disease more than an extraintestinal complication. Rev. Med. Chir. Soc. Med. Nat. Iasi 2016; 120(1) :34:39.
12. Hughes CF, Newland K, McCormack C, Lade S, Prince HM. Mycosis fungoides and Sézary syn-drome: Current challenges in assessment, management and prognostic markers. Australas J Dermatol. 2016; 57(3): 182-191.
13. Pope E, et al. Mycosis fungoides in the pediatric population: report from an international childhood registry of cutaneous lymphoma. J Cutan Med Surg. 2010; 14(1): 1-6.
14. Kikuchi A, Naka W, Harada T, Sakuraoka K, Harada R, Nishikawa T. Parapsoriasis in plaques: its potential for progression to malignant lymphoma. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1993; 29(3): 419-422.
15. Catalina Arsenescu Georgescu, Larisa Anghel. Long Term Assessment of The Biological Profile In Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction And Left Bundle Branch Block. Rev. Chim 2017; 68(11):2682-2684.
16. Burg G, Dummer R, Nestle FO, Doebbeling U, Haeffner A. Cutaneous lymphomas consist of a spec-trum of nosologically different entities including mycosis fungoides and small plaque parapsoria-sis. Arch Dermatol 1996; 132(5): 567-572.
17. Belousova IE, Vanecek T, Samtsov AV, Michal M, Kazakov DV. A patient with clinicopathologic features of small plaque parapsoriasis presenting later with plaque-stage mycosis fungoides: report of a case and comparative retrospective study of 27 cases of "nonprogressive" small plaque parapsoriasis. J Am Acad Dermatol 2008; 59(3): 474-482.
18. Wilcox RA. Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: 2016 update on diagnosis, risk-stratification, and management. Am J Hematol. 2016; 91(1): 151-165.
19. Koh MJ, Chong WS. Narrow -Band Ultraviolet B phototherapy for mycosis fungoides in children. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2014; 39(4): 474-478.
20. Gavrilovici C, Goldsmith DJ, Reid C, Gubeth-Tatomir P., Covic A. What is the role of ambulatory BP monitoring in pediatric nephrology? J Nephrol 2004; 17: 642-652.
21. Liviu Macovei, Răzvan Presură, Larisa Anghel, Bogdan Stanciu, Nicușor Lovin, Roberto Haret, Cătălina Arsenescu Georgescu. Coronary stent entrapment. Postep Kardiol Inter 2014; 103(37): 216-218.
22. Şalaru DL, Arsenescu-Georgescu C, Chatzikyrkou C, Karagiannis J, Fischer A, Mertens PR. Midkine, a heparin-binding growth factor, and its roles in atherogenesis and inflammatory kidney diseases. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2016 May 17. pii: gfw083
23. Ouatu A, Tãnase DM, Floria M, Ionescu SD, Ambãruş V, Arsenescu-Georgescu C. Chronic kidney disease: Prognostic marker of nonfatal pulmonary thromboembolism. Anatol J Cardiol 2015; 15(11): 938-943.
24. Macovei L, Presura RM, Arsenescu Georgescu C. Systemic or local thrombolysis in high-risk pulmo-nary embolism. Cardiol J 2015; 22(4): 467-474.
25. Gavrilovici C., Oprea L. Clinical ethics, research ethics and community ethics-the moral triad of nowadays society. Rev Rom Bioetica 2013; 11: 3-5.
26. Roca, M., Mitu, O., Roca, I.C., Mitu, F., Chronic Diseases - Medical and Social Aspects. Revista de Cercetare si Interventie Sociala 2015; 49: 257-275.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
The copyright form will be signed by the corresponding author.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form