ABDOMINAL RADICAL TRACHELECTOMY AS A METHOD OF PRESERVING FERTILITY IN PATIENTS WITH CERVICAL CANCER
Cervical cancer is the 4th most common type of cancer in women across EU. However, in women of reproductive age, the incidence of this pathology is high, therefore, over the last decades various strategies have been developed with the purpose of preserving fertility in oncological patients. This paper aimed at reviewing the existing literature information regarding the use of abdominal radical trachelectomy as a method of fertility sparing treatment for patients with early invasive cervical cancer injuries, without neglecting to emphasize on the surgical, obstetrical and oncological outcomes of this procedure.
Available from: http://eco.iarc.fr/eucan/CancerOne.aspx?Cancer=25&Gender=2.
2. Cibula D, Sláma J, Fischerova D. Update on abdominal radical trachelectomy. Gynecol Oncol 2008; 111(2 Suppl): S111-115.
3. Roy M, Plante M. Pregnancies after radical vaginal trachelectomy for early-stage cervical cancer. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1998; 179(6 Pt 1):1491-1496.
4. Kim HS, Choi CH, Lim MC et al. Safe criteria for less radical trachelectomy in patients with early-stage cervical cancer: a multicenter clinicopathologic study. Ann Surg Oncol 2012; 19(6): 1973-1979.
5. Halaska MJ, Robova H, Pluta M, Rob L. The role of trachelectomy in cervical cancer. Ecancermedi-calscience, 2015; 9: 506.
6. Cibula D, Sláma J, Svárovský J et al. Abdominal radical trachelectomy in fertility-sparing treatment of early-stage cervical cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2009;19(8): 1407-1411.
7. Benediti-Panici P, Maneschi F, Scambia G et al. Lymphatic spread of cervical cancer: an anatomical and pathological study based on 225 radical hysterectomies with systematic pelvic and aortic lym-phadenectomy. Gynecol Oncol 1996; 62: 19-24.
8. Smith JR, Boyle DC, Corless DJ et al. Abdominal radical trachelectomy: a new surgical technique for the conservative management of cervical carcinoma. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1997; 104: 1196-1200.
9. Lim YK, Chia YN, Quek SC, Yam KL. Radical abdominal trachelectomy for stage IB1 cervical cancer in Singapore. Singapore Med J 2013; 54(10): e204-207.
10. Abu-Rustum NR, Sonoda Y, Black D, Levine DA, Chi DS, Barakat RR. Fertility-sparing radical abdominal trachelectomy for cervical carcinoma: technique and review of the literature. Gynecol On-col. 2006 Dec;103(3):807-13.
11. Rob L, Skapa P, Robova H. Fertility-sparing surgery in patients with cervical cancer. Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12: 192-200.
12. Sneider K, Poulsen MØ, Ottosen C, Langhoff-Roos J. Successful delivery after vaginal occlusion in addition to cerclage in a trachelectomy patient with recurrent second trimester pregnancy loss: a case report. Clin Case Rep 2014; 2(4): 153-155.
13. Wethington SL, Cibula D, Duska LR et al. An international series on abdominal radical trachelectomy: 101 patients and 28 pregnancies. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2012; 22(7): 1251-1257.
14. Căpîlna ME, Ioanid N, Scripcariu V, Gavrilescu MM, Szabo B. Abdominal radical trachelectomy: a Romanian series. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2014; 24(3): 615-619.
15. Okugawa K, Kobayashi H, Sonoda K et al. Oncologic and obstetric outcomes and complications during pregnancy after fertility-sparing abdominal trachelectomy for cervical cancer: a retrospective review. Int J Clin Oncol. 2017; 22(2): 340-346.
16. Martínez-Chapa A, Alonso-Reyes N, Luna-Macías M. Reproductive results of radical trachelectomy. GinecolObstet Mex 2015; 83(12): 770-775.
17. Tamauchi S, Kajiyama H, Sakata J et al. Oncologic and obstetric outcomes of early stage cervical cancer with abdominal radical trachelectomy: Single-institution experience. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2016; 42(12): 1796-1801.
18. Okugawa K, Kobayashi H, Sonoda K et al. Oncologic and obstetric outcomes and complications during pregnancy after fertility-sparing abdominal trachelectomy for cervical cancer: a retrospective review. Int J Clin Oncol 2017; 22(2): 340-346.
19. Lim YK, Lek SM,b, Yeoc SH. Obstetric care after radical abdominal trachelectomy in a patient with stage IB1 cervical cancer: A case report and a review of medical literature. Gynecol Oncol Rep 2016; 17: 86-88.
20. Knight L.J., Acheson N., Kay T.A., Renninson J.N., Shepherd J.H., Taylor M.J. Obstetric management following fertility-sparing radical vaginal trachelectomy for cervical cancer. J. Obstet. Gynaecol 2010; 30(8): 784-789.
21. Pareja R, Rendóna GJ, Sanz-Lomana CM, Monzónc O, Ramirez TR, Surgical, oncological, and ob-stetrical outcomes after abdominal radical trachelectomy-A systematic literature review. Gynecologic Oncology 2013; (131): 77-82.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form