LAPAROSCOPIC TREATMENT OF A LARGE SYMPTOMATIC LEIOMYOMA OF THE ROUND LIGAMENT
Round ligament leiomyoma are very rare benign tumors. They can appear on the extraperitoneal part of the round ligament (more common) or on the intraperitoneal round ligament (very rare). We present a case of 48-year-old women diagnosed with a large (122/108/98 mm) intraperitoneal leiomyoma of the left round ligament that was managed by laparoscopy. Laparoscopy proved to be a highly useful method, overcoming the limitation of ultrasound or CT and providing a safe and minimally invasive treatment method.
2. Lösch A, Haider-Angeler MG, Kainz C, Breitenecker G, Lahodny J. Leiomyoma of the round ligament in a postmenopausal woman. Maturitas 1999; 31: 133-135.
3. Bedir R, Yılmaz R, Şehitoğlu İ, Yurdakul C. Round Ligament Leiomyoma Developing During Preg-nancy: A Case Report and Literature Review. Iran J Pathol 2016; 11: 261-264.
4. Colak E, Ozlem N, Kesmer S, Yildirim K. A rare inguinal mass: Round ligament leiomyoma. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2013; 4(7): 577–578.
5. Kelly EG, Babiker M, Meshkat B, Beggan C, Leen E, Keeling P. An unusual finding in the inguinal canal of a 26-week pregnant patient. Hernia 2013; 17: 537-540.
6. Sherer DM, Edgar DM, Pulli GJ, Scibetta JJ. Pedunculated uterine fibroid simulating an incarcerated inguinal hernia in pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1994; 170: 724-725.
7. David MW, Stanley RM. Leiomyoma of extra-peritoneal round ligament: CT demonstration. Clin Imaging 1999; 23: 375-376.
8. Harin RR, Balaji Singh K, Mohanapriya T, Mahin Nallasivam RR. A rare inguinal mass: leiomyoma of round ligament of uterus. Int Surg J 2016; 3(3): 1644-1645.
9. Najjar M, Mandel M. Round Ligament Leiomyoma Presenting as an Incarcerated Inguinal Hernia: Case Report and Review of the Literature. Case Reports Surg, 2016; 3 doi:10.1155/2016/9380212.
10. Kaur R, Patankar A. Unusual case of intraperitoneal round ligament fibroid, mimicking ovarian carci-noma Int J Reprod Contracept Obstet Gynecol 2016; 5: 2440-2444.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form