THE ROLE OF VITAL STAINING IN THE EARLY DIAGNOSIS OF ORAL CANCER
The early diagnosis of oral cancer is a priority for the entire dental system. Dental specialists, who most often are the first to examine the patients with oral tumors, are responsible for their patients’ future and it is not only expected but also desired that they fulfil their role with a lot of commitment, competence and professionalism. On the other hand, it is also essential to continue developing, assessing and improving the main means of primary and secondary prophylaxis and to identify and diagnose oral cancer at an early stage. Since nowadays the fight against oral and maxillofacial cancer can only be won if it is diagnosed at an incipient stage and it is followed by a radical multimodal and effective treatment, the population must be more sensitive to the oncogenic risk factors of the oral cavity and to the early manifestations of cancer.
2. Barrellier P., Rame J.P., Chasle J., Souquieres Y., Lecacheux B. – Le dépistage des cancers de la cavité buccale par le bleu de toluidine, Actual. Odontostomatol 1987, 36(137): 87-92.
3. Becker J., Schuppan D. – Altered expression of extracellular matrix proteins and integrins in oral lichen planus, J.Oral Pathol. Med 1995; 24(4): 159-164.
4. Binnie W.H. – Risk factors and markers for oral cancer in low incidence areas of the world, Oral Cancer, vol. 2, Cambridge University Press, 1991: 64-88.
5. Burlibaşa C., Ţovaru S. Noi orientări privind formele de debut ale cancerului bucal, Stomatologia, Bucureşti, 1986; 1: 1-37.
6. Camile S. F., Nirav B., Yastira L., An VU, Keziah J., Vishal G., John B., Alexander J., Deepak K., Advances in Early Detection and Diagnostic Adjuncts in Oral Cavity Cancer, Contemporary Oral Oncology: Biology, Epidemiology, Etiology, and Prevention, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-14911-0_9
7. Chen Y-W, Lin J-S., Wu G-H., Lui M-T, Kao S-Y, Fong Y.. Application of In Vivo Stain of Meth-ylene Blue as a Diagnostic Aid in the Early Detection and Screening of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Precancerous Lesions, J Chin Med Assoc, November 2007; 70(11): 399-503
8. Costan V.V., Ciofu M., Toader P.M., Filioreanu A. M., Danciu M., Taranu T., Popa C., Popescu E. Specific features in the diagnosis and treatment of malignant transformed leukoplakias. Oral Oncology, 2013; 49(1): S 66.
9. Hînganu D., Eva I., Stan C., Hînganu M.V., Morphological aspects of the rectal neovascularization in colorectal cancer – anatomical-surgical and imaging implications. Rom J Morphol Embryol 2016; 57(1): 161-165.
10. Filioreanu A.M., Popescu E., Cotruz C. – Immunohistochemical and Transmission Electron Micros-copy Study Regarding Myofibroblast in Fibroinflamatory Epulis and Giant Cell Peripheral Granuloma. Romanian Journal of Morphology and Embryology, 2009; 50(3): 363-368.
11. Crăcană A, Sulea D, Nicolau A, Popa E, Popescu E. Risk Factors in the Emergence of Oral Cancer – Retrospective Study. Romanian Journal of Oral Rehabilitation 2016; 8(3): 48 -63.
12. Elimairi I, Altay MA, Abdoun O , Elimairi A, Tozoglu S. Dale A. Baur, Quereshy F. Clinical relevance of the utilization of vital Lugol’s iodine staining in detection and diagnosis of oral cancer and dysplasia, DOI 10.1007/s00784-016-1925, Clin Oral Invest, 2017; 21: 589–595.
13. Gogălniceanu D, Trandafir V, Trandafir D, Popescu E. Generalized gingival hyperplasia– Precocious clinical manifestation in acute leukemia. Case presentation. Rev. Med. Chir. Soc. Med. Nat., Iasi 2010; 114(2): 576-579.
14. Krishnamoorthy B., Suma G.N., Yadav B. ’’Vital” staining - A simple chair side oral cancer screening technique, Journal of Dental Specialities, 2014; 2(1): 108-110.
15. Laskaris G., Laskaris M., Theodoridou M. – Oral hairy leukoplakia in a child with AIDS, Oral Surg. Oral Med., Oral Path. Oral Radiol. Endod., 1995, 79(5): 570-571.
16. Lingen M. W., Kalmar J.R., Karrison T., Speight P. M. Critical evaluation of diagnostic aids for the detection of oral cancer, Oral Oncology, 2008; 44: 10-22.
17. Hînganu M.V., Stan C.I., Ţaranu T., Hînganu D., Morphological changes in support mechanism of superficial face layers in Moebius syndrome. Rom J Morphol Embryol 2017; 58(3): 851-855.
18. Francu L.L., Hinganu D., Hinganu M.V., Anatomical evidence regarding sustentaculum facies. Rom J Morphol Embryol 2013; 54(3): 757–761.
19. Cobzeanu M.D., Costinescu V., Rusu C.D., Mihailovici S., Grigoraș M., Miron L., Păduraru D., Aramă A. Laryngotraheal non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Chirurgia, 2010; 105(1): 131-136.
20. Maeda K., Suzuki T., Ooyama Y., Nakakuki K., Yamashiro M., Okada N., AMAGASA T. Colori-metric analysis of unstained lesions surrounding oral squamous cell carcinomas and oral potentially malignant disorders using iodine. International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 2010; 39: 486-492.
21. Tiepeng X., Hiroshi K., Tetsu S., Yoshitaka N., Takeshi K. Vital staining with iodine solution in oral cancer: iodine infiltration, cell proliferation, and glucose transporter 1, Int J Clin Oncol 2013; 18: 792–800.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form