THE LINK BETWEEN DIET AND CANCER
Cancer has gradually become one of the most important pathologies associated with both significant physical or psychological suffering and important financial costs that put a strain on economy. Identifying cancer risk factors is a constant goal of many epidemiological studies and recent data indicates that lifestyle is a major contributor to the general increase in cancer incidence. Currently, diet, obesity and the lack of physical exercise are believed to be responsible for at least 35% of all human cancers. In under-developed countries, a diet that lacks certain nutrients and vitamins, together with improper conditions for food storage and other discrepancies between food requirements and daily intake are the main mechanisms responsible for diet-related cancer. In developed countries, high-fat, sugary diet, food additives and obesity are believed to increase cancer risk.
2. Hanahan D, Weinberg RA. Hallmarks of cancer: the next generation. Cell 2011; 144: 646-674.
3. Dobbin M. Malnutrition in oncology patients. In: Abraham J, Allegra CJ, Gulley J, eds. Bethesda Handbook of clinical oncology. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2005: 543-546.
4. Miron L. Nutritia si cancerul. Editura “Gr.T. Popa” Iasi 2017.
5. Van Haltern H, Jatoi A. Cancer and the nutritional status. In: van Haltern H, Jatoi A (eds) ESMO Handbook of nutrition and cancer. ESMO Press 2011.
6. Pecorino L (editor) Molecular biology of cancer, mechanisms, targets and therapeutics. 4th edition, Oxford, 2016.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
The copyright form will be signed by the corresponding author.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form