CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE CHARACTERIZATION OF BIOCENOSIS COMPLEX OF THE ECOSYSTEM IN THE ORAL CAVITY
Oral biotype includes the local defense factors represented by oral mucosa, reticulohistiocytic system and saliva which opposes biocenosis composed of various microorganisms, normally achieving the state of “biological balance”. Material and methods: The study included 23 patients with clinical manifestations of oral candidiasis admitted during the period 2014-2016 to the Dental Surgery Clinic of the Iasi “Grigore T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy. Results: Under favorable conditions, many non-pathogenic species become virulent in the host organism. These conditions are created using antibiotics, corticoids, immunosuppressant, antifungal, psychotropic drugs, contraceptives, radiation therapy, hormone treatment, etc. In general conditions caused by metabolic disturbances and decreased body resistance associated with microbial, vitamin and enzymatic imbalances the development of mycoses is favored. Conclusions: Diagnosis and correct treatment of mycoses of the oral cavity avoiding complications, oral cavity being the starting point for many endogenous infections, sepsis included.
2. Budtz-Jörgensen E., Mojon E., Rentsch A., Deslauriers N. Effects of oral health program on the occurrence of oral candidiasis in a long-term care facility. Comm Denti Oral Epidem. 2000; 28(2): 141-149.
3. Jørgensen M.R., Kragelund C., Jensen P.O., Keller M.K. & Twetman S. Probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri has antifungal effects on oral Candida species in vitro. J of Oral Microbiol 2017; 9(1): 1274582.
4. Farah C.S., Ashman R.B., Challacombe S.J., Oral candidosis. Clin Dermatol 2000; 18(5): 553-562.
5. Grimoud A.M., Iodter J.P., Marty N., et al. Improved oral hygiene and Candida species colonization level in geriatric patients. Oral Dis 2005; 11:163-169.
6. Kadir T., Pisiriciler R., Akyuz S., Yarat A., Emekli N., Ipbuker A., Mycological and cytological examination of oral candidal carriage in diabetic patients and nondiabetic control subjects: thorough analysis of local aetiologic and systemic factors. J Oral Rehabil 2002; 29(5): 452-457.
7. Kalfa V.C., Roberts R.L., Stiehm E.R., The syndrome of chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis with selective antibody deficiency. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2003; 90(2): 259-264.
8. Forna N. C., Dascalu C., Forna D., Antohe M.-E.: Incidence and prevalence of dental - periodontal conditions and edentation in Moldavia. Rev Med Chir Soc Med. Nat 2013; 17(1); 205-211.
9. Mereuţă A.I., Tuchiluş C., Bădescu A.C., Iancu L.S., Metallo-beta-lactamase-mediated resistance among carbapenem-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolates. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat 2011; 115(4); 1208-1213.
10. Pires F.R., Santos E.B., Bonan P.R., De Almeida O.P., Lopes M.A., Denture stomatitis and salivary Candida in Brazilian edentulous patients. J Oral Rehabil. 2002; 29(11):1115-1119.
11. Porter S.R., Scully C., Hegarty A.M., An update of the etiology and management of xerostomia. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2004; 97(1): 28-46.
12. Scully C., Drug effects on salivary glands: dry mouth. Oral Dis 2003; 9(4):165-176.
13. Janus M.M., Crielaard W, Volgenant C. M. C, Van der Veen M.H, Brandt B.W & Krom B.P., Candida albicans alters the bacterial microbiome of early in vitro oral biofilms. J of Oral Microbiol 2017; 9(1): 1270613.
Once an article is accepted for publication, MSJ requests a transfer of copyrights for published articles.
COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM FOR
REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ A SOCIETĂȚII DE MEDICI ȘI NATURALIȘTI DIN IAȘI /
THE MEDICAL-SURGICAL JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY OF PHYSICIANS AND NATURALISTS FROM IASI
We, the undersigned authors of the manuscript entitled
warrant that this manuscript, which is submitted for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, has not been published and it is not under consideration for publication in another journal.
- we give the consent for publication in the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in printed and electronic format and we transfer unconditioned and complete the copyright of this manuscript to the REVISTA MEDICO-CHIRURGICALĂ, in the event of its acceptance.
- the manuscript does not break the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- we have read the submitted version of the manuscript and we are fully responsible for the content.
Names and signatures of authors / copyright owners (the following sequence is the authorship of the article):
N.B. All the authors must sign this form